Veterans Services | MCC

Veterans Services

MCC works closely with veteran students to make sure they receive all benefits they are entitled to receive for their military service. To see if you are eligible for VA education benefits, you should fill out an online application. You will receive a letter from the VA Regional Processing Office notifying you of your eligibility.

All Veterans enrolled at MCC are responsible for submitting an Enrollment Request Form for their classes to be certified to the VA. Please request a copy of the Form from Paula Seabrooke,, fill out completely, then return in order for your certification to be processed in a timely manner. If you choose to email your School Certifying Official the form, you will still need to provide an original copy via fax, mail, or scan.

Most academic programs at MCC are approved by the VA. You may contact Paula Seabrooke to find out if the program you plan to pursue is approved. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) will pay education benefits to an eligible student for pursuit of an approved program of education or training. The DVA prohibits the payment of VA education benefits for training in any course if the training is not part of the student s approved program of education (see 38 CFR 21.7122(b)).

The DVA requires all veteran students to be classified as degree-seeking students no later than their second semester of enrollment and to declare a major by the end of their sophomore year. Degree-seeking means that you are officially pursuing a degree and you are classified by the school as a regular student; it does not mean that you have selected a major.

Education benefits can be transferred between institutions. You must complete a form to transfer benefits and should contact the college you will be attending.

For additional information about Veterans Affairs at MCC, please contact Paula Seabrooke at or at 270.824.1708.