Mission & Vision
Vision: Madisonville Community College will be recognized nationally as an outstanding comprehensive community college, committed to student-centered learning, innovative programming, and access.
Consistent with the 2016-22 Kentucky Community and Technical College System strategic vision of creating a world-class system of colleges educating Kentucky s globally competitive workforce, Madisonville Community College has adopted the following mission statement.
Mission: to advance an enduring and enthusiastic commitment to student-centered learning and achievement.
In support of our mission and as a public comprehensive community college and member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, Madisonville Community College will:
- offer two-year associate degree curricula transferable to all colleges and universities in Kentucky;
- offer two-year associate of applied science, career-oriented technical degree curricula for immediate employment;
- offer diploma and certificate level programs, not intended for transfer, but designed to meet the changing needs of business and industry;
- provide flexible customized training opportunities for area employers;
- provide adult literacy services;
- provide non-credit personal enrichment programming; and
- provide arts appreciation and arts education opportunities.
The mission statement derives from an institution-wide commitment to these values:
- Shared responsibility for learning between student and teacher
- Mutual respect and open communication
- Open inquiry and data-based decision making
- Effective collaboration and teamwork
- Flexibility, adaptability and availability
- Professional behavior and personal effectiveness
- Community service and responsiveness
- Continuous improvement
- Diversity in all its dimensions
- Life-long learning