TRIO Student Support Services
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) - located in the John H. Gray Building, Room 341 - is a federally funded program providing services designed to help students stay in school and succeed. The TRIO SSS Staff at Madisonville Community College is committed to helping you graduate and/or transfer to a four-year university.
TRIO SSS provides a personal "safety net" beginning with your first year of college through graduation. As a participant in SSS, you will learn to build upon your academic strengths and improve your weaknesses. You will gain access to services and opportunities not available to other students on campus.
- Academic, personal, and career counseling
- Workshops in life skills, study skills, and career planning
- Tutoring (In-person, remotely, online)
- TRIO SSS-only computer lab with printing available
- Leadership training opportunities
- Individual Growth plans
- Financial Literacy Education
- Transfer information and campus visits to four-year institutions
- Cultural events and trips
- Grant Aid
All services are provided at no cost to participants.
Facts Don't Lie...
TRIO works and our students' success is proven!
During the 2021-2022 academic year,
- 89% of SSS students stayed in school and continued to the next semester!
- 85% of SSS students were in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.0 or above!
- Of eligible students, 55 graduated with a credential (67%)!
- Of eligible students, 18 transferred to a 4-year university (22%)!
To be eligible for Student Support Services an applicant must be a U. S. citizen or permanent resident and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- meet low-income standards set by the federal government
- be a first-generation college student (neither parent has earned a 4-year degree)
- have a documented disability
If you are interested in TRIO SSS while attending Madisonville Community College, please contact us at (270) 824-8626, email us at MD-MCCTrioSSS@kctcs.edu, or stop by JHG-room 341 to complete an application.