The Learning Space
The Learning Space at Madisonville Community College provides subject tutoring and technical support. It's always free to all MCC students.
Subject Tutoring and Tech Support
Free academic support for MCC students
The Learning Space is MCC's tutoring and academic coaching center. We provide academic support of all kinds including video chat tutoring and email tutoring as well as in-person tutoring by appointment.
Appointments are scheduled around our tutors’ wide-ranging availability. We cover most subjects as well as study skills and test-prep.
We offer these services to students year-round:
- assistance with navigating Blackboard
- tutoring by video chat (we share our screens to show content)
- tutoring by email
- help with writing at all stages
- virtual study group sessions
- various test preps (HESI, PRAXIS, KYOTE)
- in-person meetings on north campus or Muhlenberg campus (currently by appointment)
- general technical assistance
Tutoring by Appointment
Monday to Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Some weekend hours too! Can often be scheduled same-day!
We offer tutoring:
- On our Madisonville campus
- On our Muhlenberg campus
- Through our online tutoring app (live synchronous communication with a tutor)
- Through eSupport (email communication with a tutor)
Don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance!
D. Badgett Griffin Learning Space
MCC North Campus
John H. Gray Building, Room 306
(270) 824-1718 for information or an appointment
Irene Sadler Learning Space
MCC Muhlenberg Campus
Shaver Educational Center, Room 108
(270) 824-1728 for information or an appointment