Madisonville Community College Assessment Center partners with Pearson VUE to adminster the official GED exam. Exams are offered Monday through Friday with the exception of holidays and institutional closings.
In order to take the Official GED exam in Kentucky, you must:
- be a Kentucky resident.
- pass the Official GED Practice Test through an approved Kentucky Adult Education center
- be at least 19 years of age.
- If you are younger than 19, you must be at least 18 years old and withdrawn from school at least 90 days.
- If you cannot wait 90 days, you may obtain a waiver from your school superintendent.
The GED test is a computer based test administered in four sections. For more information about the test format, please visit the GED website. All candidates must present a current, government-issued ID to test.
- Reasoning through Language Arts - 155 minutes
- Mathematics - 120 minutes
- Science 95 minutes
- Social Studies 75 minutes
Total test time 7 hours, 25 minutes
Scores range from 100 to 200 and candidates must earn at least a 145 on each section to pass the exam.
Diploma and Transcripts
To request a copy of your GED diploma or transcript, click here
GED Adult Learning Centers
The Madisonville Community College ACE2 Adult Education Program assists students with preparing for the GED. Please contact one of the centers below to start your GED today.