Train for your CDL Class “A” in just four weeks!
Our Commercial Driver's License (CDL) program is designed to prepare individuals with little or no commercial driving experience for an entry-level position in the trucking industry. Our focus is on developing safe, responsible drivers. This accelerated training program is provided by Madisonville Community College’s Workforce Solutions department.
The Madisonville Community College CDL A program meets all of the requirements for the Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT) required by the FMCSA that began on February 7, 2023.
What are my career choices?
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Tractor Trailer, CDLA 1 Certificate
Length of Program
The program is 160 hours (4 weeks full-time) of training including 40 classroom hours.
Class meets Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
|Session||Dates||Holidays (No Class)|
|April 2023||April 3 - April 28|
|May 2023||May 15 - June 9||May 29: Memorial Day|
|June 2023||June 5 - June 30||June 19: Juneteenth|
|July 2023||July 3 - July 28||July 4: Independence Day|
|August 2023||August 14 - September 8||September 4: Labor Day|
|September 2023||September 5 - September 29|
|October 2023||October 2 - October 27|
|November 2023||November 6 - December 1||November 23 -24: Thanksgiving Break|
|December 2023||No CDL courses conducted in December.|
- CDL Class A endorsement preparation
- DOT Drug Screen and DOT Physical
- Classroom, range, and road instruction led by credentialed experienced trucking professional
- 160 hours of training, 7 am-3 pm, Monday-Friday, for four weeks
- Map reading, trip planning, and vehicle operation training
- DOT rules, regulations and log books instruction
- Class A road test administered by Kentucky State Police upon class completion
- Certificate of completion
A high-school diploma or GED is required. Individuals must be able to:
- Read, write, and speak the English language.
- Meet the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements.
- Pass a drug screen.
- Possess a valid driver’s license at the time of class registration.
- Must be 18 years of age.*
Please note: Students with a driver's license from outside of Kentucky should plan to enroll at least 30 days before their class begins to avoid license transfer charges.
*Students between the ages of 18 and 21 may find job placement more difficult due to interstate travel restrictions.
- Driving record inconsistent with industry standards for entry-level driving positions
- History of drug or alcohol abuse
- History of mental disorder
- Permanent disability or other physical limitations
The cost of the course is $4,000.00, increasing to $4,500.00 on June 1, 2023.
- This fee includes instruction, DOT physical, and DOT drug test.
- This fee does not include permit test ($24), permit ($61), or license ($61).
Payment arrangements must be made before class begins. Pay by cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or cashier's check payable to MCC. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and Vocational Rehabilitation programs.
- MCC is approved for veterans and/or dependent/spouse of a veteran to receive Veterans Educational Benefits. Contact your local counselor for details.
- TAA – Trade Adjustment Assistance
- Full refunds will be granted if the class is canceled by MCC or the student officially withdraws before the first day of class.
- Partial refunds may be granted if requested in writing by the end of the second day of class or if the student does not pass DOT physical or drug test.
- No refunds will be granted if requested after the second day of class or if the student is dismissed for violating the class code of conduct.
- Non-attendance does not relieve the student of financial obligation or entitle the student to a refund.
Request more information
Call or stop by to register or ask questions. We look forward to assisting you!
Madisonville Community College
2000 College Drive
Brown Badgett Center, Suite 280
Phone: (270) 824-8658