Military & Veterans
JOIN OUR MILITARY-FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
We welcome military service members, veterans and their families. Here’s how to apply to MCC and start building a better future. We’re here for you, every step of the way.
Earn a degree, diploma or certificate on campus or online. We offer flexibility and support services to help you reach your goals while serving your country or after you’ve retired from active duty.
How to Apply
The application process is quick and simple, and we’re here to help. Just follow these easy steps:
- Submit your application for admission.
If you are on active duty, a drilling reservist, or a member of the National Guard, you may qualify for Federal or State Tuition Assistance (TA). Visit Veterans Services for further information about TA.
Submit the KCTCS application if you are not using Tuition Assistance (TA).
- Apply for your GI Bill® Benefits. Visit the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) to learn about the various GI Bill® Programs and which are best for you.
- Send us transcripts from high school and any colleges you’ve attended.
- Register at the Joint Services Transcript (JST) website for an account.
- Click on the "Transcripts" link and view, print or save your unofficial transcript
to review with your veterans services coordinator prior to registering for classes.
- Air Force veterans and service members should request their transcript from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF).
- Click on the "Transcripts" link and view, print or save your unofficial transcript to review with your veterans services coordinator prior to registering for classes.
- Submit your ACT or SAT scores or schedule a placement test after you apply.
- Explore financial aid. Federal financial aid is available for members of all branches of the military. We also offers scholarships, grants and loans to make a great education even more affordable.
If you’re planning to enlist in the Army, you may be eligible for the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), a program designed to help you apply to college and access your benefits. Be sure to select KCTCS as your home college when you enlist.