Grants | MCC


When combined with free scholarship and other financial aid opportunities, grants can significantly decrease, if not completely cover, your financial needs. Unlike loans, grants do not need to be repaid. Unlike Federal Work Study, there is no work requirement. When you submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you are automatically considered for government need-based grants.

  • Pell Grant: The Pell Grant is one of the most popular types of federal financial aid. You are not required to pay back a Pell Grant after you graduate.

  • CAP Grant: The College Access Program (CAP) provides grants to students enrolled in eligible programs at Madisonville Community College. CAP Grants are awarded to Kentucky residents enrolled for at least six semester hours (half time). Eligibility is determined by the date the FAFSA was filed and funding allocated by the state. Students are encouraged to file the FAFSA as soon as possible since funding is limited.

  • FSEOG Grant: A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is for undergraduates with the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC). You are not required to pay back an FSEOG after you graduate. Not every eligible student will receive an FSEOG. Students at Madisonville Community College will be awarded an FSEOG based on availability of funds. The amount of your FSEOG award will vary depending on when you apply, your level of need, and your other financial aid awards.