Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Train for your CDL Class “A” in just four weeks!
Our Commercial Driver's License (CDL) program is designed to prepare individuals with little or no commercial driving experience for an entry-level position in the trucking industry. Our focus is on developing safe, responsible drivers. This accelerated training program is provided by Madisonville Community College’s Workforce Solutions department.
- CDL Class A endorsement preparation
- DOT Drug Screen and DOT Physical
- Classroom, range and road instruction led by credentialed experienced trucking professional
- 160 hours of training, 8 am-3 pm, Monday-Friday, for four weeks
- Map reading, trip planning, and vehicle operation training
- DOT rules, regulations and log books instruction
- Class A road test administered by Kentucky State Police upon class completion
- Certificate of completion
- A high-school diploma or GED is required
- Individuals must be able to:
- Read, write, and speak the English language.
- Meet the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements.
- Pass a drug screen.
- Possess a valid driver’s license at the time of class registration.
Please note: Students with a driver's license from outside of Kentucky should plan to enroll at least 30 days before their class begins to avoid license transfer charges.
- Driving record inconsistent with industry standards for entry-level driving positions
- History of drug or alcohol abuse
- History of mental disorder
- Permanent disability or other physical limitations
The cost of the course is $4,000.00
- This fee includes instruction, DOT physical, and DOT drug test.
- This fee does not include: permit test ($24), permit ($61) or license ($61).
Payment arrangements must be made before class begins. Pay by cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or cashier's check payable to MCC. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and Vocational Rehabilitation programs.
- MCC is approved for veterans and/or dependent/spouse of a veteran to receive Veterans Educational Benefits. Contact your local counselor for details.
- TAA – Trade Adjustment Assistance
- Full refunds will be granted if the class is canceled by MCC or the student officially withdraws before the first day of class.
- Partial refunds may be granted if requested in writing by the end of the second day of class or if the student does not pass DOT physical or drug test.
- No refunds will be granted if requested after the second day of class or if the student is dismissed for violating the class code of conduct.
- Non-attendance does not relieve the student of financial obligation or entitle the student to a refund.
To Register or For Questions
Call or stop by to register or ask questions. We look forward to assisting you!
Madisonville Community College
2000 College Drive
Brown Badgett Center, Suite 280
Phone: (270) 824-8658