The Madisonville Community College Workforce Connections program serves individuals between the ages of 18-24, in Hopkins, Caldwell, Muhlenberg, Lyon, Livingston, Christian, Todd, and Crittenden County.
We partner with local business and industries to train participants so that they are better prepared to enter the workforce. We provide occupational skills training and paid internship or work experience so local business industry leaders can see participants at work in their desired career field. Upon placement into paid work experience positions, participants are paid equal wage at current hourly rate when assigned to their 500-man-hour contract for work experience or until they earn $5000.00.
The Workforce Connections program is a federally funded program sponsored by the West Kentucky Workforce Board.
Services Provided by Workforce Connections
If you qualify for Workforce Connections, we can assist you by providing:
- Training to help you improve interviewing techniques an create a professional resume
- Employment opportunities and paid work experience and occupational skills training
- Assistance in applying for college, applying for financial aid, and registering for classes
- Campus tours
- Tutoring, study skills training and instruction leading to completion of secondary school, drop out prevention strategies and alternative secondary school offerings.
- Adult mentoring, follow-up services, and comprehensive guidance and counseling
- Leadership development activities and workshops
Workforce Connections Staff
Office: Hatley Building Room 153
Office Support Assistant
Office: Hatley Building Room 154