Radiography Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The Radiography Program at Madisonville Community College serves its communities of interest and its students through meeting and maintaining the following goals:
STUDENTS WILL BE CLINICALLY COMPETENTLearning Outcomes:
- Students will apply positioning skills.
- Students will select appropriate technical factors.
- Students will practice radiation protection.
STUDENTS WILL COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELYLearning Outcomes:
- Students will effectively communicate with patients.
- Students will demonstrate effective presentation skills.
- Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
STUDENTS WILL USE CRITICAL THINKING AND PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLSLearning Outcomes:
- Students will perform non-routine examinations.
- Students will evaluate images (Ones they didn t produce)
STUDENTS WILL GROW AND DEVELOP PROFESSIONALLYLearning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate professional behavior.
- Students will understand ethical decision skills.
THE PROGRAM WILL GRADUATE ENTRY LEVEL TECHNOLOGISTSLearning Outcomes:
- Graduates will pass the ARRT national certification on the 1st attempt.
- Of those pursuing employment, student will be gainfully employed within 6 months post-graduation.
- Students will complete the program.
- Students will be satisfied with their education.
- Employers will be satisfied with the graduate s performance