Interlibrary Loan service allows for students and staff to borrow books from a different library. If the library at MCC does not have a book that you need, you can request one through Interlibrary Loan. In most instances, this is a free service. Materials can be picked up at the Loman C. Trover Library Help Desk when they become available.Contact the library help desk to request Interlibrary Loan at 270-824-1722.
We ask that students and staff follow these policies when requesting books through ILL:
- ILL is only for presently-enrolled MCC students and employees. Community patrons should contact their public library to use ILL services. Murray State University and Lindsey Wilson College students should contact their college's library to use ILL services.
- Students and staff must hold a valid MCC library card or MCC photo id card to request ILL services.
- ILL requests can take up to two weeks to be processed, and the library makes no guarantee that all requests can be successfully filled.
- All due dates on lent materials are set by the lending library, therefore it is the patron's responsibility to ensure that all ILL materials are returned to the Loman C. Trover Library by each item's individually-set due date.
- Requests for renewals must be made at least three days before the item's individual due date. The right to renew materials lies solely with the lending library, not the MCC library; therefore students must be prepared to surrender materials on their scheduled due date unless a renewal request has been successfully processed before the due date.
- Patrons are responsible for all ILL materials, therefore patrons are asked not to lend ILL materials to anybody else while they are checked out in the patron's name.
- Patrons will be asked to pay the replacement costs if ILL materials are damaged or lost. Patrons retaining ILL materials past their due date risk losing all library privileges, no exceptions.