Madisonville Community College administers the GED exam. More information about the GED
Students who pass the GED exam have surpassed the performance of at least 40 percent of the nation's graduating high school seniors.
Beginning January 1, 2014 the GED Test will be offered in a Computer Based (CBT) format only. MCC currently offers the GED CBT on Tuesday and Wednesday. For more information on the CBT format and the 2014 GED series please visit the GED Testing Services website.
To take the GED in Kentucky, you must:
- have a Kentucky address
- pass the Official GED Practice Test through an approved Kentucky Adult Education center
- be 19 years of age or be withdrawn from school at least 90 days if you are under 19 years of age. If you cannot wait 90 days, you may get a waiver from you school superintendent.
Tests are given by the Hopkins County center. Contact your local learning center to get started today.
GED Adult Learning Centers
- Hopkins County Adult Education (ACE2)
- Muhlenberg County Adult Education (ACE2)
- Webster County Adult Education
- Reasoning through Language Arts - 155 minutes
- Mathematics - 120 minutes
- Science 95 minutes
- Social Studies 75 minutes
Total test time 7 hours, 25 minutes
Test results are expressed as standard scores ranging from 100 to 200. You must earn at least 145 on each test section to pass.
Diploma and Transcripts
- Retrieve your GED scores (If taken after January 2007)
- Request a copy of your GED Transcript or Diploma or call 1-800-928-73231-800-928-7323 FREE
For More Information
Assessment Center Manager