Hopkins County s 32nd Annual Celebration Honoring the Life and Legacy of Dr. Martin LutherHopkins County s 32nd Annual Celebration Honoring the Life and Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 4 p.m. Doors open at 3 p.m.
- Byrnes Auditorium Hatley Building Madisonville Community College Health Sciences Campus, 750 North Laffoon Street, Madisonville, KY 42431
- Keynote Speaker is Rev. Dr. Kevin W. Cosby, President of Simmons College of Kentucky. Special guest will be Civil Rights Pioneer and Icon Mrs. Betty Daniels Rosemond of Cincinnati, Ohio, who was one of the original freedom ridges with Dr. King and US House Representative John Lewis on the trip to Selma. Special music will be provided by Kentucky State University Concert Choir, the Madisonville North Hopkins High School Choir, and The Gospel Pioneers of Hopkinsville, KY. The event will include the presentation of 2 MLK scholarships to students attending Madisonville Community College.
Annual community celebration honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 3 p.m.
- Eastview Missionary Baptist Church, 159 E. North St., Madisonville, KY 4241
- The annual sermon will be delivered by the Rev. Cortez Miller, pastor of Moore Baptist Church in Hopkinsville. Special music will be presented by Janet Cunningham, of Central City, and A.J. Green, of Hopkinsville. There will be musical renditions and tributes by local talent, including the Madisonville North Hopkins High School (MNHHS) Choir, Hopkins County Central High School senior Devon Jernigan, MMNHS senior Deon Johnson and Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Dance Team of Earlington.