News Archive

MCC PRESIDENT AWARDED 2015 CAMPUS IMPACT AWARD BY COUNCIL FOR RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT

Madisonville Community College President Dr. Judith L. Rhoads was presented a 2015 Campus Impact Award for Outstanding Fundraising President by the Council for Resource Development (CRD). The award was presented during the Plenary Session and Awards Luncheon held on October 29 at the DC Renaissance Hotel in Washington, DC. The Campus Impact Award recognizes the efforts of individuals that have made a significant positive impact on the community college and/or students it serves. There are four categories Grants Professional, Private Fundraising Professional, Non-Development Professional, and Outstanding Fundraising President. The Outstanding Fundraising President award recognizes efforts in all aspects of resource development and diversification.

Dr. Rhoads, president of Madisonville Community College (MCC) since 1998, has led the tremendously successful MCC BuildSmart Campaign for Kentucky Competitiveness, which will fund the construction of the Madisonville Regional Postsecondary Education Center. Under the BuildSmart plan, each college is required to fund 25% of the total scope of the approved project in order for the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) to issue agency bonds for the remaining 75% of the project. The total scope of the Regional Postsecondary Education Center project is $20 million. Due to the leadership of Dr. Rhoads, MCC met the $5 million in local support requirement before the January 1, 2016 deadline.

With support from a generous community, the BuildSmart campaign committee, and KCTCS leadership, Dr. Rhoads chaired and carried out this campaign without a director of advancement, who retired the previous year, noted Chris Woodall, current director of advancement. The success of this development effort is due primarily to Dr. Rhoads doing everything the right way, not just for this campaign but for the past 17 years - building and nurturing relationships with community and industry partners. Because of her leadership and guidance, community leaders understand the need for the Regional Postsecondary Education Center and they have given in part due to Dr. Rhoads credibility and commitment to MCC. Dr. Rhoads has a true and unrivaled passion for Madisonville Community College and the communities and students in its service area.

The Madisonville Regional Postsecondary Education Center will create unique opportunities for thousands of people to reach their educational goals and thus improve the quality of life for them, their families, and their communities for years to come. This facility is not only designed to meet the needs of the present, but it is one that will support the challenges and innovations yet to come.