INTEGRATED NURSING PROGRAM PRE-ADMISSION CONFERENCE DATES ANNOUNCEDPre-admission conference dates for the Integrated Nursing Program at Madisonville Community College (MCC) have been set for Monday, April 25, at 3 p.m.; Tuesday, May 17, at 10 a.m.; and Thursday, June 9, at 3 p.m. All conferences will be held in the Byrnes Auditorium located in the Hatley Building on MCC s Health Sciences Campus (750 North Laffoon Street, Madisonville).
Attendance at an MCC pre-admission conference is required to be considered for nursing program admission. Appointment is not necessary. The MCC Nursing Program application packet, including the Admission Evaluation Form, is only available at the Pre-Admission Conference.
The application deadline for Fall 2016 admission consideration has been extended to Monday, March 14, 2016. The application deadline for Spring 2017 admission consideration is Friday, July 1, 2016. Applicants are chosen through a selective admission process based on cumulative points.
To be considered for admission, the following items must be submitted by the application deadline:
- Official college transcripts (Non-KCTCS transcripts must be submitted to the Registrar for evaluation along with a completed Request for Official Transcript Evaluation form.)
- HESI A2 score of 75 or above for first semester applicants. Students must complete the following sections of the A2 exam: Math, Vocabulary, Reading, and Anatomy and Physiology. Preference is given to applicants scoring high in the Anatomy and Physiology section. Test may be scheduled by calling the MCC Assessment Center at (270) 824-1702. A study guide is available for purchase from the MCC Bookstore.
- ACT and/or COMPASS (current within 5 years of the application deadline) - Minimum
scores on the ACT/Compass are as follows:
- Reading ACT of 20 or above and/or COMPASS of 85 or above
- Writing ACT of 18 or above and/or COMPASS of 74 or above
- Math/Algebra ACT of 19 or above and/or COMPASS of 36 or above
- Cumulative GPA must be 2.5 or above
All nursing students are required to pass a criminal background check upon admission into the nursing program. Students completing the diploma will exit the program after three semesters and will be qualified to apply for licensure as a practical nurse (PN). To practice as a PN, graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN). Students completing an associate in applied science degree will exit the program after four semesters and will be qualified to apply for licensure as a registered nurse (RN). To practice as an RN, graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
For more information about the Integrated Nursing Program at Madisonville Community College, visit the program website page at: