MCC & Murray State University Hosting Open House for Joint Programs and the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship
Madisonville, Ky. – Madisonville Community College and Murray State University are hosting an open house to share information with students about joint programs and to provide details on the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship (WRKS) Program. The open house will be held Wednesday, July 19 from 4 - 6 p.m. in the Enrollment Center of the John H. Gray building.
“This is a great way for students to learn about our partnership programs with Murray State, and how they can complete a bachelor’s or master’s degree right here in Madisonville,” commented MCC Dean of Enrollment Management Aimee Wilkerson. “With programs like the Work Ready Scholarship and other financial aid available there’s never been a better time to come to MCC.”
The WRKS scholarship provides tuition for career-related fields that are in high demand with employers. The scholarship is geared toward short-term training programs in health care, advanced manufacturing, transportation/logistics, business services/IT, and construction fields.
The WRKS is awarded on first-come, first-served basis, and those eligible can receive the scholarship for tuition after using available federal financial grants and third party scholarships.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a Kentucky resident
- Be a High school graduate, equivalent, or pursuing the GED
- Have not earned an associate's degree or higher
- Be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, at an eligible postsecondary institution in an approved program of study that leads to an industry recognized certificate, credential, or diploma in a high-demand economic sector
- Not be in default on any obligation to the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA)
Registration for fall classes is now underway, and financial assistance for the fall 2017 semester is still available. Don't miss this opportunity to see how Madisonville Community College and Murray State University can help you obtain a certificate, associate's degree, bachelor's degree, or even a master's degree.
To learn more about the Open House, please contact the MCC Enrollment Center at (270) 824-8657 or the Murray State – Madisonville Extended Campus Center at (270) 825-4379.