Facilities Maintenance and Safety
- Facilities will be sanitized regularly and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned
daily (e.g., doorknobs, credit card machines, shared computers).
- Bathrooms will be disinfected daily and checked twice a day for additional cleaning.
- Hallways and stairwells will be cleaned daily.
- Elevators will be cleaned at least twice a day.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at high-traffic counter areas in needed departments.
- When there is an identified employee or student who has COVID-19 or the associated
symptoms, MCC will restrict access to the contaminated areas, post signage, and deeply
clean those impacted areas. Any contaminated area will be off-limits until adequately sanitized.
- Each campus office suite will have hand cleaning and disinfecting supplies. Those
will be monitored and restocked as needed by Maintenance and Operations (M&O).
- Each department will be responsible for cleaning individual spaces and shared equipment
(e.g., copiers) after each use.
- Employees will be expected to clean personal areas between visitors and students.
instructors will be required to ensure students are disinfecting equipment after use and
will be responsible for all lab areas between classes.
- Easy to read signage will be posted on all building entryways and any occupied buildings
indicating entry points and one-way walkways.
- Six-foot spacing markers will be added for higher traffic areas.
- Classrooms and other rooms that have two doors will be marked clearly with one entry,
one exit, and arrows for one-way walkways. Water fountains will be disabled and every
other urinal and bathroom sink will be covered and marked “do not use” to ensure proper
social distancing. Water bottle filler stations are acceptable.
- Room capacity and “do not enter until permitted” signage will be clearly displayed
- Common areas such as lobbies, waiting rooms, break rooms, and vending will be restricted
in order to maximize social distancing and to reduce congregating.
- Schedules have been adjusted to allow time between classes for cleaning.
- Movement between office areas and departments should be kept to a minimum.