Disability Resources Documentation Requirements
Application Process and Documentation Requirements
Follow these easy steps to apply for services:
- Complete the Disability Resource Student Information Sheet and return to the Disability Resource Office
- Provide appropriate documentation of a disability
- Must be on official letterhead of the diagnosing professional
- Can be in the form of a letter or an evaluation
- Must be from a licensed and/or certified professional who is qualified to diagnose the disability.
- May include recommendations for accommodations and how the disability impacts the student
- Is confidential and does not become part of a student s permanent records
- Make an appointment with the Disability Manager to discuss needs and accommodations
Students are encouraged to contact the Disability Resource office early in the admission process to avoid delays in services.
While you do not have to provide new documentation each semester, you must confirm accommodations every semester by contacting the Disability Manager.
Instructors will be notified by the Disability Office if classroom accommodations are approved but you may want to talk to the instructor about your arrangements.