Computer Use Policies
These policies apply to the use of all Madisonville Community College computing resources. Access to computing resources is a privilege to which all employees and students are entitled. Certain responsibilities accompany that privilege and understanding them is important for all computer users. Users are responsible for following the rules listed. Violation of these rules may result in the loss of computing privileges.
- Users must comply with all local, state, and federal laws, which include copyright laws.
- Users must refrain from using computer resources in ways that are unlawfully harassing to others. This would include pornography.
- Computer accounts and passwords are assigned to individual users and should not be shared with others.
- Use of or access to another person's account is prohibited except for when faculty need access to grade homework.
- Use of computing facilities for private business purposes unrelated to the mission of the college is prohibited. Personal use for non-commercial purposes may be appropriate.
- Users should be aware of computer viruses and other destructive computer programs, and take steps to avoid them.
- Users must refrain from intentional disruption or monitoring of electronic communications.
- Students should not download or install software on any computers.
- Students should save files to either a flash drive or their student account on the server. Students should not save files to the local hard drive.
- Students should refrain from printing material that does not relate to class work.
- The user should be aware that Madisonville Community College s computing resources, including software such as electronic mail, are not necessarily secure or private.
- Users should regularly delete unneeded files from their accounts.
- All student accounts will be deleted during the month of May and new accounts will be created when students enroll for intersession, summer, fall, and spring.