Madisonville Community College students may graduate in May, August, or December. One graduation ceremony is held in May for all students.
May Graduation: March 1
August Graduation: June 15
December Graduation: October 1
- You are responsible for meeting the requirements for graduation. Failure to meet requirements could result in postponement of your graduation date.
- Application for graduation does not guarantee that you will receive a credential. Credentials will be awarded only after the degree audit process is completed by the MCC Registrar.
- You will be eligible for graduation when you have completed your program with a minimum grade point average of 2.0. In addition, you must have a minimum of 24 hours taken in residence within KCTCS and 25% of the approved coursework must come from Madisonville Community College.
- You should meet with your faculty advisor to determine graduation requirements and eligibility.
- If you are applying transfer credit toward graduation requirements you should make sure the Records office has an official transcript on file from any non-KCTCS institutions attended. You must request that the Registrar s Office evaluate your transfer coursework.
How to Apply for Graduation
- Make an appointment with your advisor to complete the application for graduation and your Madisonville Advising Plan.
- All students graduating with an Associate in Arts or an Associate in Science degree must take an exit exam. Please contact Tiffanie Witt to schedule your exit exam.
- Return the application and completed curriculum guide to the Records office by the date listed below March 1 for May graduation, June 15 for August graduation, or October 1 for December Graduation.
- If you intend to participate in the May graduation ceremony, visit the MCC Bookstore to purchase your cap and gown.
For more information about graduation, contact Tiffanie Witt:
Office: John H. Gray Building, Room 106
Phone: (270) 824-8575(270) 824-8575