Program Inquiry Form
- 100% online program
- No textbooks required. All learning is done on an iPad (or other Apple approved device).
- Labs completed through distance learning (lab fees applied)
- Energy Management courses have no pre-requisites.
- Energy Management courses have bi-term (8 week) delivery.
- 5 national, industry-recognized certificates are embedded in the curriculum (fees for certification exams extra)
Associate in Applied Science
- Energy Management (61 credit hours)
- Fundamentals of Energy Production (9 credit hours)
- Commercial Energy Analysis (15 credit hours)
- Sustainable Energy (12 credit hours)
For a printable copy of program course requirements, click an option above or consult the Madisonville Advising Plan.
Length of Program
Most students may complete an AAS program in two years, provided students enroll in the recommended number of credit hours per semester. General education classes, with the exception of any course prerequisites, may be taken along with curriculum classes.
Madisonville Community College s Energy Management program, with its national certifications embedded within the curriculum, prepares students for a variety of employment opportunities. Entry level positions in the energy production industry include renewable energy sales, LEED consultant, alternative energy consultants, residential audits, etc. Energy Management graduates can also find employment in the growing fields of energy audit, energy consulting, and facilities management. Employment opportunities are expected to be the greatest in metropolitan areas.
Your associate in applied science degree in energy management is transferable to 100% online bachelor of science programs at:
- Western Kentucky University (Technology Management & Systems Management),
- Morehead State University (Technology Management)
- Murray State University (Bachelor of Integrated Studies)
- Additional out-of-state transfer options may be available
MCC s online coursework is delivered through Blackboard. Our knowledgeable Help Desk is available to answer your questions about your online class. Contact the KCTCS Online Technical Help Desk at any time 24/7. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Mike Wilkerson (email@example.com) for assistance.
For More Information
To learn more about Energy Management, contact Jake Hildebrant.
(270) 883-1160 Phone
- Master of Science, Engineering Technology Management, Western Kentucky University
- US Department of Energy Solar PV and Thermal Solar Instructor Certified
- USGBC LEED GA Certification
- BPI Building Performance Specialist Certification
- Professional Energy Manager Certification
- Sustainability Manager Certification
- Siemens Level 1 & 2 Mechatronics Instructor Certification
- 2001-2008 Tennessee Valley Authority Instrument and Controls Technician
Madisonville Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees.
This program has no special admission requirements. Please consult MCC s general admission requirements.
You will be eligible for graduation when you have completed your program with a minimum grade point average of 2.0. In addition, you must have a minimum of 24 hours taken in residence within KCTCS and 25% of the approved coursework must come from Madisonville Community College.
Job Placement Assistance
The Office of Career Services offers students, alumni, and members of the community free assistance in locating regional and local employment opportunities. We are available to assist employers by referring qualified candidates for full-time, part-time, temporary, and cooperative education positions. For more information, contact Abby McGregor-Mullen (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Tuition & Fees
Students enrolled in Madisonville Community College online courses are assessed in-state tuition & fees, regardless of their location.