Business Administration Systems
Making business your business.
Our vision is to provide a premier learning experience in business that emphasizes student-centered learning and an entrepreneurial mind-set which involves innovative thought and openness to new ideas.
A business degree is one of the most sought-after degrees, preparing students for career opportunities in both the public and private sectors. Students will gain an appreciation and understanding of the ever changing environment in which a business operates and the problems that a manager might face. From marketing and accounting to management and human resources. Madisonville Community College has adapted our program to industry demands to better prepare our students to gain access to four-year degree programs and create a solid foundation for a career in business.
Through our unique hands-on approach to business studies, our goal is to prepare you to be an independent thinker with the skills necessary to analyze information to make sound decisions based on data and projections. Our degree will ensure that you develop the skills to:
- Assess business opportunities
- Think critically and creatively
- Communicate decisions effectively
- Monitor the impact of business decisions
- Become a successful business leader
Business Synergy Lab
Our mission is to place the Business Synergy Lab at the center of our community s small business outreach programs and to be the hub of our business student s educational activities inside and outside of the classroom. We are committed to offering a challenging academic curriculum that provides personalized attention, enhances lifelong learning, values creativity and innovation, and nurtures professionalism, social responsibility and integrity.
If you would like more information please feel free to contact me any time.
The Business Administration Systems program prepares you for a variety of business careers. The business core curriculum provides a foundation of knowledge applicable to any business career. The Business Administration Systems program is designed for those seeking entry-level jobs as well as currently employed individuals seeking to enhance their skills. Students select an area of specialty from one of four options: accounting, human resource management, management, and office systems.
Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
- Accounting (62 - 67 credit hours)
- Human Resource Management (64 - 67 credit hours)
- Management (63 - 67 credit hours)
- Office Systems (64 - 67 credit hours)
- Office Systems Diploma (39-42 credit hours)
- Organizational Leadership (38 - 42 credit hours)
- Small Business Management Diploma (36 - 39 credit hours)
- Accounting Certificate
- Accounting Recordkeeping Specialist Certificate
- Advanced Business Administration Certificate
- Basic Business Administration Certificate
- Business Transfer Certificate
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- General Business Certificate
- Human Resource Management Certificate
- Leadership Certificate
- Management Certificate
- Office Systems Certificate
- Payroll Accounting Specialist Certificate
- Pre-Licensing Real Estate Certificate
- Residential Real Estate Certificate
- Small Business Management Certificate
- Supervisory Management Certificate
- Team Leadership Certificate
- (List of certificates available HERE)
For a printable copy of program course requirements, click an option above or consult the Madisonville Advising Plan.
The accounting option leads to careers in accounting including bookkeeper, accounting clerk, cost payroll clerk, and positions using computer-based systems. The management option prepares you with broad-based management knowledge and skills which lead to a variety of positions in organizations. The office systems option prepares you with a broad base of knowledge and skills needed for a variety of positions in an office with an emphasis in word processing and related software applications. The human resource management option prepares you for entry-level positions in the human resources field and related occupations.
This program has no special admission requirements. Please consult MCC s general admission requirements.
Length of Program
Your degree will be an Associate in Applied Science in Business Administration Systems with an emphasis option. You will take a core set of classes before branching out into your specialty area. The program requires 62-70 credit hours, and if you are enrolled full time you can typically complete the requirements for graduation in four semesters.
For more information
(270) 824-8639(270) 824-8639
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.