What is a Proctored Exam?
Proctored exams are examinations taken under the supervision of a proctor who verifies picture identification & monitors the exam period.
- Test proctoring services are available to all KCTCS students at no charge.
- Upon arriving at the proctor site, students must present a government-issued, or KCTCS College picture ID. Students without the proper picture ID will not be permitted to take the exam.
How Should I Schedule?
Non-KCTCS courses which require proctored exams are required to schedule and pay a fee through the Assessment Center.
For more information regarding NON-KCTCS testing please contact:
Casey Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org Assessment Center, 100 School Avenue, Madisonville, Kentucky, (270) 824-1701.
For Midterm Exams:
- Students should email Beth Moore (email@example.com) to schedule a midterm exam. Send all pertinent information in your request.
- Use your KCTCS email address
- North Campus only
For Final Exams:
- Please use our Self-schedule program to book your exam.
- If you have questions please email Beth Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Where Will I Take My Exam?
- North Campus exam students will begin at the Proctoring Center, Joe C. Davis Building, Room 130 (Turn Left when you enter JCD building).
- Muhlenberg Campus Central City, KY students will test in computer room 202.
- Verify with instructor (in class syllabus) all test requirements and restrictions.
- Follow KCTCS Assessment Center rules and procedures while at center. The KCTCS Student Code of Conduct will apply at all times.
- Communicate only with test proctor during exam no talking is allowed otherwise.
- Bring only allowed materials (per the instructor) to test center. If other items are brought, they will be stored on the floor per the test proctor. Cell phones will be turned OFF in presence of proctor and stored with non-allowed items.
- Do not bring food, drink, or any form of tobacco.
- No guests or children during test proctoring. MCC cannot assume liability or responsibility for minors.
- Leaving the test is only allowed for a bathroom break, which will be documented and reported to class instructor.
- For consideration of testing students Proctor Center incoming phone calls will not be accepted during testing periods. Please email your questions to Beth Moore (email@example.com).
- For Inclement Weather: Check MCC website or appropriate media outlets for college closings.
For Faculty Use Only
Faculty members wanting to offer a proctored exam to students must submit a Proctored Exam Justification Request to their respective division chair, for further processing and approval.