KY FAME - Kentucky Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education
Advanced Manufacturing Program (AMT)
Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT) is a work and study program that gives a student the opportunity to take the technical knowledge acquired in the classroom and immediately put it to work on the shop floor of a regional manufacturing facility. Selected and sponsored by participating manufacturing companies, these students attend classes two days a week, then apply the concepts they have learned in a real-world manufacturing plant the other three days of the week.
The courses are multi-disciplined with classes in electricity, hydraulics, mechanical drive systems, machining, troubleshooting, and problem solving. Students will also learn Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma principles while developing professional workplace skills that are in high demand.
- Salaries and compensation are determined by each sponsoring manufacturer and are subject to applicable state and federal wage laws and guidelines.
- Program qualifies for Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) funding
- Program qualifies for federal government funding
- Must be at least 18 years of age on program start date
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must demonstrate proficiency in math with a A.C.T. score of 19 or higher
- Must demonstrate proficiency in effective written communication skills
- Must comply and remain compliant with sponsoring company s policy on substance abuse
Candidates seeking admission into the program must complete the Advanced Manufacturing Technology online application and submit the required documentation to the address provided below. Candidates must also complete the Madisonville Community College admissions application. Applicants that do not meet the eligibility requirements or do not provide the required documentation will be not considered for sponsorship by the manufacturers review and selection process.
For More Information,
Madisonville Community College
2000 College Drive
Madisonville, Kentucky 42431