ConceptKCTCS/KCTCSConcept Adult Education FAQ | Madisonville Community College

How do I get a replacement copy of the GED transcript or diploma?

Go to The directions are highlighted on the right side of the page.

Do I have to take the GED Ready Test before I take the actual GED test?

Yes. Kentucky requires all GED testers to take and pass the GED Ready Test before sitting for the GED exam.

What is on the GED exam?

ACE2 provides targeted instruction and tutoring for the four content areas of the GED test, which include Reasoning Through Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, and Mathematical Reasoning.

All instruction and materials are available at no charge to the student. Once the student is certified GED test ready, financial assistance is available to help defer the cost of the GED test.

Will I be required to take all sections of the GED test at one time?

No. You can study for and test in one content section at a time.

How much does the GED test cost?

The test fee for each GED content section is $30. Scholarships are available to help off-set the testing fee.

How much does it cost for me to enroll in a GED class?

All services are free. We furnish your books, paper, pencils, and all study materials.

How soon can I enroll and begin?

We have GED enrollment orientations every week. Find a location nearest you and call to enroll.

How long will it take me to earn my GED?

We work at your pace. Each student is different. We begin working with you at your skill level and move you through the process as quickly as possible. The length of time it takes you depends on your commitment, how hard you work, and how often you attend.

What are the age requirements for enrolling in your GED program?

You must be at least 18 years of age and officially withdrawn from school in order to enroll. Proof of your school withdrawal is required. Those 19 years of age or older may enroll at any time.

If I am a recent high school drop-out, do I have to wait until my high school class graduates before I can take the GED test?

No. If you are 18 years of age you can enroll immediately and begin preparing for the GED. You can not take the GED exam until you have been withdrawn from school for 90 days. Those 19 and older can test as soon as they are certified test ready.

Employers, WIA and OET (Office of Employment and Training) tell me I need to take a TABE test. What is it? Can you help?

Today’s workforce has to be sharp. Meeting the demands of both the employer and the perspective employee, ACE2 administers the TABE to meet today’s employment requirements. When the test scores fall below what is necessary for hiring, ACE2 in turn offers remediation to bring those scores up and re-test.

The Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) test is used by employers and OET as a screening tool to assure you have basic reading, language and math skills. Each employer has a different cut score and validity length for your scores. WIA uses the TABE test to determine eligibility for their programs. If you need to take the TABE test, just find the ACE2 location that best serves you and call to set up an appointment time to test.

Can I fail the TABE test? What’s on the test? How much does it cost?

No. You can not fail the test. If you do not meet the required cut scores, we can work with you to improve your scores, and you can retest. The test consists of three sections: reading, mathematics, and language. You would only be required to retest on the specific section where improvement was needed. The test is free.

I have been out of school for a while and was thinking about enrolling in college. Can you help me prepare?

Yes. The college requires you to take a placement test called COMPASS before enrolling in your classes. The COMPASS is a computerized test that measures your reading, language and math skills. Sample questions are available from the test provider. Each program and degree has different COMPASS requirements. If you need to improve any of your COMPASS scores, we can help. Achieving the highest score you can on the COMPASS will assist you in completing your degree on time.

I am trying to get a job with the school system. They say I need to take the KPA. What is it? Where do I go to take the test?

The Kentucky Paraeducator Assessment (KPA) is used by school systems as a condition of employment for CIA positions. Your adult education provider has a study guide for you. There are 3 sections on the test including reading/writing, mathematics, and instructional strategies. There are 20 multiple choice questions per section, 60 total questions. You must score 48 correct out of the 60. The test can only be taken three times and there is no fee. Choose a location and contact your adult education center for details.