News Item | Madisonville Community College
Madisonville Community College
Skip to Content
User Account Center
FACULTY & STAFF
VISITORS & COMMUNITY
COSTS & AID
NEWS & EVENTS
News and Events
>> Spring Scholarship Awards Announced
Spring Scholarship Awards Announced
Feb 14, 2014 - | 03:17 PM -
Madisonville Community College’s Advancement and Scholarship Offices are pleased to announce that four recently established scholarship opportunities have named their second round of awards to students enrolled in specific associate degree areas. These scholarships have been made possible because of generous private giving and are named in memoriam of loved ones who have impacted the community and/or the college. The 2014 scholarship recipients are:
• Maryessa Duncan, a fourth semester Nursing program student from Nebo, is the recipient of the Becky B. Hicklin Memorial Endowment. The award is reserved for a second year nursing student from the western portion of Hopkins County in honor and memory of the long-time Hopkins County Health Department nurse.
• Alan Woodring, an Air Conditioning Technology program student from Dixon, is the recipient of the Michael Carter Memorial Scholarship. The award is named for the Hanson coal miner killed in a work-related accident and is reserved for a student in either the Air Conditioning Technology program or the Advanced Integrated Technology Program - Multi-Skilled Technician Option.
• Tiffany Caudill, a fourth semester Nursing program student from Bremen, is the recipient of the E.A. and Darrel Gentry Family Endowment. An annual scholarship award from the Gentry Family Endowment is designated for a student in the health care field.
• Kaleigh Payne, a Business Administration Systems program student from Madisonville, has been selected for the Judy Moore Memorial Award. This scholarship, named for the long-time MCC employee who helped implement the School Counts program, is reserved for a School Counts graduate who maintains a 3.5 GPA and plans to transfer to a four-year school majoring in business or accounting.
• Olivia Jones, a second semester Nursing program student from Madisonville, is the recipient of the Norma Sue Ehrlich Family Scholarship. Established by Dr. Paul Ehrlic in honor of his wife who was a Hopkins County native, the scholarship funds one semester award each year to a nursing student selected by the college’s nursing faculty.
Madisonville Community College presents more than 330 students with private scholarship awards each academic year. Local scholarship endowments valued at approximately $5.7 million serve students in particular degree areas, as well as administer the School Counts work ethic scholarship program in both Hopkins and Muhlenberg Counties.
For additional information regarding scholarship or endowment opportunities, please contact MCC’s scholarship office at (270) 824-8578 or the advancement office at (270) 824-8593.
Madisonville Community College
2000 College Drive Madisonville, KY 42431 | Phone (270) 821-2250 | Toll Free (855) 55GO-MCC
| MCC is an
equal educational and employment opportunity institution.
Privacy & Terms
Questions About This Web Site
Kentucky Community & Technical College System